I love to experiment with dishes that cook in one pot – especially for weeknight meals. I mean, who wants to clean up a kitchen full of dishes after working all day or taking care of the kiddos. Not me. So, in this recipe, I merged some of our favorite ingredients and flavors together in one dish that goes from the stovetop to the oven and is no the table in less than 30 minutes. Healthy, easy to prepare and loaded with flavor. Bon appetit!
Lemon Chicken with Shaved Brussels Sprouts and Balsamic Glaze
- 4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, pounded to 1 inch thickness
- 1 lb. Brussels Sprouts, shaved
- 3/4 c. Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 3 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp. Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp. Butter
- Balsamic Glaze
- Step 1 In a Ziplock bag, combine the pounded chicken breasts with 2 tbsps. of the Olive Oil and all of the lemon juice. Mix to coat the chicken and place in the refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours.
- Step 2 Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Step 3 In an ovenproof skillet, heat the butter and olive oil over medium high heat until hot.
- Step 4 Remove the chicken from the marinade and season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Step 5 Brown the chicken (2 to 2 1/2 minutes on each side).
- Step 6 Move the chicken to the center of the pan and add the shaved sprouts to the perimeter of the pan, adding the remaining salt and pepper to the sprouts.
- Step 7 Cook for 15 to 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the sprouts are tender and golden.
- Step 8 Add a touch of Balsamic Glaze or syrupy Balsamic vinegar to taste.