Spiralized vegetables have become a staple in our house. We love using spiralized veggies in place of high carb foods such as pasta. For weeknight meals, I will often purchase them pre-spiralized. Most grocery stores are offering them these days – everything from zucchini to butternut squash and beets. When I bought a spiralizer, the first cookbook I bought for ideas was Inspiralized by Ali Maffucci. This recipe is my favorite from the book, which is filled with so many great ideas. Great ways to cut carbs and eat more vegetables in satisfying and vitamin rich food. A winner all the way around. This roasted beet dish with savory, warm feta cheese is a perfect fall dinner side paired with a protein such as grilled chicken, pork tenderloin or roasted sea bass. Bon appetit!
Spiralized Mediterranean Beet and Feta Skillet Bake
- 1/2 c Yellow Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 c Red Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 2 medium Cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp Fresh Parsley, minced, plus 1 tsp for garnish
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 10 pitted Kalamata Olives
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Small Beets, peeled and spiralized
- 1/2 Small Red Onion, peeled and spiralized
- Kosher Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
- 8 oz Feta Cheese, half block cut horizontally
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Step 2 In a large bowl combine all the ingredients except for the cheese and parsley for garnish.
- Step 3 Place the cheese in the center of a large oven-safe skillet or casserole dish. Top and surround it with beet noodle mixture.
- Step 4 Cover with foil and bake 20 minutes, until the beet noodles wilt.
- Step 5 Serve hot garnished with remaining parsley.