I’m always looking for ways to decrease our carbs when planning the week’s menu. We love tacos, but the carb count on a flour or corn tortilla adds up quickly. But, we’ve discovered that with good flavored meat and toppings, a lettuce taco is just as filling and delicious – with loads less carbs that it’s starchy cousins. Now, we’re not about to say that we don’t indulge in a tortilla fest from time to time, but this lighter, healthier version satisfies the cravings from time to time without any of the guilt.
Lettuce Steak Tacos
- 1 1/2 lb Flank Steak
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 head of Boston Lettuce
- 1 c. Pico de Gallo
- 1/2 c. Fat Free Greek Yogurt
- 1 tbsp Cilantro, chopped plus more for garnish
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice, plus slices for garnish
- Step 1 Place the flank steak in a glass container, add the juice of two limes, the worchestire sauce and freshly ground pepper, turn the meat to coat and marinate for an hour.
- Step 2 Grill the flank steak eight minutes on each side or to your preferred doneness. Remove from grill, place on a cutting board, cover with foil and allow the meat to cool for ten minutes. Cut meat diagonally across the grain into slices and then cubes.
- Step 3 Mix the Greek yogurt, cilanto and lime juice in a small bowl.
- Step 4 Assemble the tacos by placing a leaf of Boston lettuce filled with cubes of flank steak, pico de gallo and topped with the Greek yogurt mixture. Garnish with cilantro and lime juice/slices and enjoy!