I know y’all may think I go a little overboard with my love for Ina Garten, but please bear with me as I share another of her all star dishes. This time it’s Coconut Macaroons. I’ve been making them for years and people go nuts over them. I’ve been told countless times by friends and family that these macaroons are their absolute favorite special occasion dessert. I make them each and every Thanksgiving and Christmas, and they have become a staple around our holiday table. But, honestly, there isn’t a time of the year that these wouldn’t be a welcome addition to a family gathering. So glad I discovered these years ago and hope that you make them and feel the same way. Bon appetit!
Ina Garten's Coconut Macaroons
- 14 oz. Sweetened Flaked Coconut
- 14 oz. can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Extra Large Egg Whites, at room temperature
- 1⁄4 tsp. Kosher Salt
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Step 2 Combine the coconut, condensed milk, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Step 3 Whip the egg whites and salt on high speed in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment until they make medium-firm peaks.
- Step 4 Carefully fold the egg whites into the coconut mixture.
- Step 5 Drop the batter onto sheet pans lined with parchment paper using either a 1 3/4-inch diameter ice cream scoop, or 2 teaspoons.
- Step 6 Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden brown.
- Step 7 Cool on wire racks.